We are Team 1701, aka The Robocubs, from the University of Detroit Jesuit High School. We as a team, build a culture, within the school and throughout the city of Detroit, that encourages and celebrates science, technology, engineering, and math; that operates with integrity and Gracious Professionalism; and that strives to achieve justice in access to technology and knowledge.
The Robocubs strive to be a world-class robotics team that:
- Builds STEM knowledge skills in its members
- Reaches out to middle schools, particularly in the city of Detroit, to build STEM awareness in younger kids.
- Partners students with knowledgeable technical mentors in a rigorous design and build process
- Competes successfully at a variety of levels in local and worldwide competitions.
- Builds within the school a culture where STEM is seen as rewarding and exciting, and where students exhibit integrity and Gracious Professionalism in all endavors.
- Fulfills U of D Jesuit's mission in creating Men for Others who are Loving, Religious, Intellectually Competent, Open to Growth, and Committed to Doing Justice.